NOW HIRING POTTERY INSTRUCTORS!
As we get ready to move into our new home and the ceramic studio’s finishing touches are being made, it is now time for us to start scheduling classes! We are so ready for this fresh start and are in search of inspired, dedicated, motivated, and creative individuals who have a passion for teaching pottery and who are committed to being a key role in helping us to grow our pottery program. We want our new classroom space to be filled with vibrant life and uplifting energy but the foundation of this atmosphere depends solely on a strong foundation of instructors.
Emerge pottery instructors are expected to facilitate weekly classes (number of classes will be decided based on instructor availability and skill level), clean the studio, load/fire/unload items in the kiln, keep weekly inventory, have a consistent and updated list of to-do’s, and have weekly communication with the Program Coordinator.
Instructors will be paid $15 an hour with a guaranteed 6 month review.
All applicants must:
- Submit a resume with at least three references.
- Submit a letter of intent describing to us why you feel you would be a good addition to the Emerge team of pottery instructors, your intentions of creating a positive and uplifting environment for students and fellow team members, why you are inspired to teach pottery, and how you would describe yourself as an artist.
- Submit at least three examples of your work that display your areas of expertise.
- Have at least 4 years of experience in the ceramic arts.
- Have excellent people skills.
- Be a thriving team player.
- Have a positive work attitude and ethics.
All applications are due by February 11th, at 11:59 pm.
To apply, please email all requirements listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Pottery Instructor Applicant: YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!