- This event has passed.
Intermediate Pottery with Kelly Rhodes
February 24, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$160
Join local potter Kelly Rhodes in this six-week intermediate pottery course.
- This 6-week course meets once per week, 6-8 p.m. on Mondays.
- Students take their introductory skills to the next level with guided projects
In Intermediate Pottery, potter Kelly Rhodes helps students refine their skills learned in Introductory Pottery, teaching them how to turn their vision into reality. Kelly guides students through more advanced projects and focuses on developing their practice through trial and error.
This course is ideal for students who are ready to move beyond the basics but still desire some guidance from an established instructor.
Entry into Intermediate Pottery requires successful completion of Introductory Pottery through Emerge or a similar program. If you haven’t taken Intro Pottery at Emerge but have experience and would like to be considered for Intermediate Pottery, please contact us so we can discuss!
– Week 1 02.24
– Week 2 03.02
– Week 3 03.09
– Week 4 03.16
– Week 5 03.23
– Week 6 03.30
Pottery Details and Policies (read before registering):
- -Due to the fire that devastated several downtown businesses, including Emerge’s gallery and studio space, these sessions will be hosted out of Gizmo Makerspace. Address: 283 W Hubbard Ave, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814 Free parking is available on the street or in front of the Gizmo garage doors.
- Please plan to arrive ten minutes early to each session to set your things down and get seated. Classes begin promptly at their start times and the lesson of the session is at the beginning of class.
- Arrive with your fingernails trimmed short, long hair tied back and all jewelry removed.
- Aprons are available in the studio but please make sure you wear clothing you can get dirty. Clay can be messy.
- You are welcome to bring a drink and a snack to class (this does include alcoholic beverages responsibly consumed by those 21 & over).
- Attendance to the first class is mandatory and subsequent attendance to all sessions is critical as Emerge is unable to offer makeup classes in the event of a student absence.
- If Intermediate/”Intro Pottery 2nd timers” miss a subsequent class, Emerge can offer the option to transfer missed classroom hours to Open Studio time contingent on available Open Studio space. The Open Studio Hours Credit must be used within the eight weeks following the end of your current pottery session.
- Example: Amy misses her January 28th session of Intermediate Pottery and now has two hours of Open Studio time. Amy needs to use those hours by April 20th.
- In the event of instructor absence or the cancellation of class, your instructor will schedule a makeup class or credit you with Open Studio hours.
- Class fee includes new and/or recycled clay for your use to create your class projects. This cost also includes glazing and firing. As a quality control measure, only clay purchased from Emerge can be used in the Emerge clay studio. Extra clay can be purchased via check, cash, or credit card from your instructor for $25 per 25 lb. bag.
- Firing your projects: While we aim to have all pieces in a session fired and ready for pick up three weeks after the last class date, we are unable to guarantee a pick up date due to the unpredictable nature of ceramics. Greenware (raw clay) must be dried completely before the work can be bisque-fired and that timeline is open-ended, taking a variable amount of time depending on weather/temperature conditions. Glazed pieces must dry before the glaze firing, taking a variable amount of time depending on the size of pieces being fired and kiln load sizes. Our instructors work very hard to stay caught up on a rigorous loading schedule and will communicate to you throughout the class sessions about firing schedules.
- The Emerge ceramics working team manages a closed Facebook group where firing updates are posted. You may find that group by searching “EmergeCDA Pottery Studio Firing Updates”.
- Pieces of pottery that have not been claimed 30 days after the last glaze firing/unloading of the session will be considered orphaned and will be removed from the studio.
- Emerge will issue full refunds on the six-week pottery courses up to two weeks before the start of class or if a class is cancelled.
- Refund requests made after two weeks before the start of class will be assessed and issued at the discretion of Emerge staff; credits or partial credits toward future classes may be issued at the discretion of Emerge staff.
- If no refund or credit can be given, a registrant can choose to transfer their registration to another individual. The process of selling or gifting a registration is the responsibility of the registrant. You can transfer your registration to another student by editing your registration info VIA Eventbrite (for instructions on how to edit your registration info, please refer to the Eventbrite help center or contact Eventbrite—Emerge cannot assist you with this process).
- Registration cannot be transferred to another individual once the event has begun.
Have a question that wasn’t answered above? Email firstname.lastname@example.org