- This event has passed.
Self-Portraiture Through Multimedia with Alexandra Iosub (4 sessions)
March 14, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$100
Each medium has its own vocabulary that can speak to a portrait’s deeper invisible features.
- Course will meet at Emerge four times, 10 a.m. to noon on Saturdays: Mar. 14, 21, 28, and April 4
- Experiment with your self-portrait through multiple mediums each week
Join local professional artist Alexandra Iosub in this four-part multimedia course starting Saturday, March 14 as you work to complete a self-portrait in each session using a different medium, including:
- mixed media
Alexandra will teach you more than just rendering perception; she will teach students to understand how mark making speaks to the eye, and how to craft a more eloquent message in the future.
This course is introductory to intermediate and open to anyone interested in drawing but would also be excellent for art students as a form of supplementary or continuing education. Alexandra is an exceptional instructor who excels at challenging individuals to push past current workstyles and into new frames of perception. Participation in all four sessions is critical.
Registration cost includes all materials & supplies and expert instruction in a small group setting.
- Participants ages 16 and up are welcome to register.
- Please provide the info of each individual attending if you are registering more than one person.
- Street parking around Emerge is monitored Mon-Sat 9am-6pm. You can park for two hours free. The parking garage across from Emerge is 2 hours free and $1/hr thereafter.
- Refunds will issued until two weeks from the start of a program; after that time, full or partial refunds or class credits may be issued at the discretion of Emerge staff (full refunds being given in the event of a program cancellation); registrants may opt to gift or sell their registration to someone else (if sold to someone else, compensation for that transfer must be handled by registrant). If transferred to someone else, original registrant must edit their attendee info via Eventbrite (please refer to Evenbrite’s resources or customer service for assistance in this as Emerge will not be able to help you edit your attendee info on your side).
Questions before registering? Email email@example.com
About the Instructor:
Alexandra Iosub is a maker stubbornly intent on living the artist life, whatever that is – discovering its beauty and challenges every day. She lives a life of her own making among hand-made objects, with family she discovered along the way; it’s certainly not as glamorous as it is unpredictable.
Iosub is a fine arts graduate from SUNY-Stony Brook and Penn State, where she primarily studied printmaking, alongside an interest in ceramics. Her work borrows meaning from material metaphors as she becomes serially engaged in various making/building processes (spinning wool, woodworking, etc.). It references the relationships, rituals, and restrictions at the intersection between body and space.
Image: Oil on canvas, and woodcut on paper stitched with handspun wool thread. Selfportrait, 2016.