- This event has passed.
Still Life Drawing with Alexandra Iosub (4 sessions)
April 11, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$100
Drawing is not about how to use a pencil, but about how to break down ideas and make room for perception.
- Course will meet four times, 10 a.m. to noon on Saturdays: April 11th, 18th, 25th and May 2nd.
- Learn classical still life drawing techniques from an expert
Art is not about being able to simply render pictures, but about creative problem solving. Learn to see and think like an artist in this four-part classical life drawing course with Alexandra Iosub. In this four-part course starting April 11th, students will receive instruction from Alexandra on how to render drawings of still-life items using graphite pencil (black and white).
This course is introductory to intermediate and open to anyone interested in drawing but would also be excellent for art students as a form of supplementary or continuing education. Alexandra is an exceptional instructor who excels at challenging individuals to push past current workstyles and into new frames of perception. Participation in all four sessions is critical.
Registration cost includes all materials & supplies and expert instruction in a small group setting.
- Participants ages 16 and up are welcome to register.
- Please provide the info of each individual attending if you are registering more than one person.
- Due to the fire that devastated several downtown businesses, including Emerge’s gallery and studio space, this workshop will be hosted out of the Human Rights Education Institute.Address: 414 W Fort Grounds Dr, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
Paid parking is available in the lot in front of HREI. Free parking is available on the street in front of the CDA City Park.
- Refunds will issued until two weeks from the start of a program; after that time, full or partial refunds or class credits may be issued at the discretion of Emerge staff (full refunds being given in the event of a program cancellation); registrants may opt to gift or sell their registration to someone else (if sold to someone else, compensation for that transfer must be handled by registrant). If transferred to someone else, original registrant must edit their attendee info via Eventbrite (please refer to Evenbrite’s resources or customer service for assistance in this as Emerge will not be able to help you edit your attendee info on your side).
Questions before registering? Email email@example.com
About the Instructor:
Alexandra Iosub is a maker stubbornly intent on living the artist life, whatever that is – discovering its beauty and challenges every day. She lives a life of her own making among hand-made objects, with family she discovered along the way; it’s certainly not as glamorous as it is unpredictable.
Iosub is a fine arts graduate from SUNY-Stony Brook and Penn State, where she primarily studied printmaking, alongside an interest in ceramics. Her work borrows meaning from material metaphors as she becomes serially engaged in various making/building processes (spinning wool, woodworking, etc.). It references the relationships, rituals, and restrictions at the intersection between body and space.
Image: Oil on canvas, and woodcut on paper stitched with handspun wool thread. Selfportrait, 2016.